Today, I surprised her with balloons as soon as she woke up. We told her, “Happy birthday!” And started singing to her. However, as we got to the part where we inserted her name, she said defiantly, “No! I want happy birthday…Daddy!” Meaning, she wanted us to sing Happy Birthday to Daddy, instead of herself.
Some snippets of “conversations” we’ve had today, to remember for posterity (or just, ‘Hilarious Things My Kid Says’):
- Me: Honey, don’t pick your nose. It doesn’t look nice.
- Her: I want to pick my nose!
- Me: Sweetheart, sit down in your high chair.
- Her: No! I want to stand up in the high chair!
- Me: Do you want to go to timeout?
- Her: No! I don’t want to go to timeout!
- Me: Then sit down in your high chair.
- Her: I want to go to timeout!
- Her (pulling on her new Paul Frank skivvies that she is wearing): Look, Mommy, look! My butt is so pretty!
- She says to me, while I am on my morning conference call: Mommy, Mommy, don’t talk on the phone! I wanna be attention!
- No sleeping! I want to nurse!