I’ve been a bad, bad girl. I haven’t been blogging. I haven’t been exercising. But I HAVE been eating a lot of cake. Not too long ago, I told you about this 3-week gauntlet of celebrations that we do in my family every April/May. This year, my “problems” are compounded by the fact that I am a bridesmaid in a wedding that is happening this weekend, so I’ve had even more reason to…eat cake. My cake timeline:
- On April 26, my beloved hubby turned 45. We had CAKE.
- On April 28, I threw the bride a bridal shower/tea party. We had shortCAKE.
- On April 29, my god-daughter had a birthday. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and had cheeseCAKE.
- On May 10, my husband and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary. We had CAKE.
- On May 13, we drove up to Sacramento to celebrate Mother’s Day with my brother’s family and visit his new son – my NEPHEW! And my brother whipped out an ICE CREAM CAKE for me as an early birthday present.
- Yesterday, May 15, was my 40th birthday. My husband, who in our 10 years of marriage has NEVER planned a single thing for me, threw me a surprise birthday dinner and invited many of my best friends. We convened at Fiesta Del Mar, ate hot Mexican food, and … you guessed it…had CAKE.
- Today, May 16, my boss called a meeting with me at noon, and when I showed up for the meeting, she whipped out the cake in the picture above, a tall, rich, moist, gooey chocolate CAKE.
What have I done to deserve such a great life? I have been blessed with cake. My waistline feels differently about these “blessings,” but my spirits have been on Cloud Nine. I feel loved, I feel happy, I feel treasured, and I feel cherished. And unfortunately for my waistline, the cake is not over yet. Tomorrow, I am throwing my friend-the-bride a bachelorette party at a spa, and I have arranged for…you guessed it…CAKE. And this Saturday, she gets married, and of course at her wedding, she will serve…CAKE.
I will be CAKED OUT for the rest of 2012.